Wednesday 20 March 2013

Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies...

Rutherford and Son is in Kingston this week and I have to keep up to date with Cake Club as raised £165 from the cast for my baking and it goes to Comic Relief.
I've never baked soft cookies before so loved the idea of the recipe I found in Jo Wheatley's recipe book.. A Passion for Baking. Jo won the second series of The Great British Bakeoff and the book is beautiful.



I love peanut butter and was intrigued by this recipe... so gave it a go and the result was fabulous... chewy and crunchy with the added peanuts and not too sweet. The only thing I changed was to half dip them in melted plain chocolate to make them a bit 'snickers' like....


Make up the cake like mix and spoon onto baking trays leaving plenty of space for spreading...



Out of the oven and cooling before choc dipping ...


And finished and left to cool and set...


Really delicious and easy ...


Went down really well and the smell when you opened the tin ...AMAZING !!!






1 comment:

  1. Hi Wendi (big fan of yours to start with}
    but would it matter too much whether I used crunchy peanut butter or smooth?

    ReplyDelete